Done Being Sick, Oh Yes
- got up at 6:30 and helped make breakfast
- wrote three tricky scripts that had been stuck for more than a week
- outlined a week of comics (in my head, but that still counts)
- went shopping
- spent 90 minutes at the gym doing both resistance and cardio
- ate a salad
- took a power-nap (not a "can't stand up anymore" nap)
- penciled two strips
- inked six rows of comics (four days' worth)
- did assorted business tasks
- wrote this
And during all that time I didn't once feel like I was going to fall down because I wasn't getting enough air.
I will concede the following:
- maybe my determination to get better coincided with actually getting better
- maybe my illness was just laziness and depression
- maybe the improved air quality had something to do with it
You know what? I don't care. That thing I've got on right now? It's my game face. I have my boots on and a pen in my hand, so if things need kicked and names need taken, I'm up to the task.
It's nice to be back.